Friday 15 July 2011

'can't be tamed': quite a love story

wanna be free; untamed
Once upon a time in a magical city, a certain man and quite a less certain women kept bumping into one another. They seemed to meet everywhere, on street corners, at parties. It was all most as if they were dating accidently. And then after another chance meeting at a coffee shop, they decided to get time and bump into each other on purpose.

            Arnav Singh khurana was a young man in his 20’s who owned his own Public Relations firm and made about 1 lakh per month. That’s not it. He was ridiculously gorgeous, hard for any women to resist I suppose. I knew him from my collage. He was senior to me and we never really had any verbal conversation. Whenever we met he would just pass on his killing smile with a gentle node.  A year after my graduation I met him in the metro train. And for the first time in a very long time I talked to him. I had quite given up the idea that handsome delhites like Arnav could possibly be polite and down to earth. But when I met him, I changed my mind.

         He was every thing a girl would need. He was a man with all the qualities on my check list. So, only after a couple of dates when he proposed me I said “yes” right away.It was like a dream and I never wanted to wake up. Even though I did dislike a few things about him but I tried to fall in love with them too.

          One warm morning he came at my place to take me out. It would have been the most incredible day my life before he started being judgmental over my taste in fashion. Actually, he saw an ugly ass bracelet, that was too kitchy for my taste. And my mistake was that I just purged it on his face. And for the first time, I realized. In the whole relationship thing I was the only one who was trying to get along with the things I hated about him. He wasn’t even trying.

           As time passed, he started showing his discomfort about my habits and my nature.He seemed to have problem with every thing, my friends, my late night job, my love for movies and bla bla bla. May be it was time to take a break and clear our heads. So he decided to go to Mumbai for a vacation and I decided to chill for a while. But the short time break ended up in a long time break up. And yet again, a woman was guilty for a failed relationship.

       A few months later the perfect guy called me from a random number to inform that he was in a Delhi again. But the shock was on its way. He was in Delhi with his new girlfriend. The whole idea of my ex boyfriend having a new serious relationship, shook my believe system to the core. And I couldn’t stop thinking “Why wasn’t I the one?”

       A week later, I was sipping the coffee at my favorite coffee shop, all alone, when I saw something I never wanted to see. There he was with his new girl, a perfect delhite with all the attributes on the check list. I had a choice. I could run away or I could stand and ask him the question that if I didn’t ask will haunt me the rest of my life. So I walked towards the gate to confront him for one last time. I guess he sensed it and so he sent his girl to grab a table and waited on the door. Before I could say a word, he popped up “how have you been?”. I wanted to tell that I was freaking upset, but I kept that thought to myself. “Well, I m fine. I actually came down here to ask you something.” I never sounded that confident and he stood there waiting for my question. “What exactly went wrong between us?” there I said it. “ummm..uhhh…I don’t know...” as he carried on with his stumbling over my question, I looked at the new girl’s hand. And there I could see the ugly ass bracelet she was playing with. Then and there I got my answer. And I realized that the universe may not always play fair, but at least it’s got hell of a sense of humor. I left the coffee shop laughing on his face. Arnav needed someone whom he could turn into what he was, and his new girl was exactly the kind. I could never change for anyone.  

       On my way to the apartment, something caught my eye. Down the street, I saw a horse who wouldn’t allow his master to tie him. Even after a lot of struggle the horse was not ready to be tied. Finally, the master gave up and he was free to roam. Then I realized that may be I could never turn into a girl perfect for Arnav, or the problem was I never wanted to be perfect. May be I wanted someone who could accept me the way I am. Some horses are arrogant enough to run wild, just like some women aren’t meant to be tamed. May be they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with. Free and untamed.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment